South campus of Vanderbilt University, which was the location of the Medical Department from 1911-1925. The image depicts the School of Dentistry, the administration building, the gymnasium, and the Medical Department's Central Hall.
Front of Central Hall, showing entire building.
A lithographic illustration of the Vanderbilt Medical School in 1895, used as an advertisement for Ciba's pharmaceutical product, desoxycorticosterone acetate. On the front, a printed caption stating "Vanderbilt Medical School, Nashville, Tennessee,"…
The patient ward at 5th and Elm, decorated for Christmas with a tree and paper garlands from the ceiling. The date is unknown.
This image was originally published in early Vanderbilt Medical School catalogs.
The front of the Litterer Laboratory, likely taken from an old publication, perhaps a catalog.
The front of the Litterer Laboratory, as it appeared in 1968.
A distant image of the Litterer Laboratory, with the "Round Building" visible, and the Elm Street Methodist Church in the foreground.
An external image of the Litterer Laboratory building as it appeared in 1968.